Monday, January 12, 2009

Still in New Zealand

Since I'm still on holiday, I have no new stitching news. I can tell you, I'm itching to get back into it especially when reading about all the projects on other blogs. While out and about and dying for a decent coffee, we came across a cafe and I spied some quilts inside on the walls. Of course that's where I fed my caffiene craving and I took these photos. Since they were on public display, I'm sure it's ok to post them.


As chance would have it, these quilts were made by someone I know, Liegh Wells. I know her quite well as she and I used to be in the same quilt Guild and small group that used to go on retreats.
I'm glad I am able to credit her for her quilts.
Another place I've been is to this beach where my family used to have beach holidays when we were children. Some great times were had here collecting Pipis (a shellfish), getting bitten by crabs and having great times in the summers.
I will be returning to Australia on the 14th and will be hugging my fabric soon after!

5 comments:

Betsy said...

That is so nice to walk into a cafe and see quilts as their choice of artwork. I would rather have that any day!

Lurline said...

Wow, what a great coffee shop - i love the quilt with houses - thanks for the pics!
Hugs - Lurline♥

Anonymous said...

I love the quilt with the houses!

Shari said...

A coffee shop with quilts on the wall! Sounds perfect to me! The beach looks great - I can almost feel the wind...

Kellie said...

I just love the first of your quilt photos! Welcome home for tomorrow!