Friday, December 19, 2008

This and that

I managed to fit in some last minute sewing and made these origami pouches for the some little girls to put their treasures in. They are quick and easy to make and have handy pockets on the outside.On Tuesday we had our last small quilt group meeting for the year, we had a lovely day and a lovely lunch. We swap a lucky dip secret santa gift each year and this is what I got. The pouch has some sewing goodies in it. Lucky me.

My thoughts are already on my projects for next year. I think just because we are starting a new calendar year I can give myself permission to start some big amazing quilt that will probably take forever to finish. Oh the plans I make! This UFO below is on the list to at least make it into a top, It's been taking up my quilt wall for a long time and I want it off. It's a BOM from here. The instructions are in German and in centimeters but it was easy enough to work in a 2" grid. I have the Japanese book with the origional in it, which is not done in Kaffe Fassett fabrics. I like the mushy blendy look of the blocks.
Oh someones been shopping, yep that would be me! I have been hankering after some reproduction fabrics for one of those big plan quilts I was talking about, herewith now to be referred to as a major work. I have hardly any of these fabrics so I needed them. I can't wait to use them. They're showing a bit bright in this photo.




You might know I'm a Kiwi, I've lived in Australia for 10 years this month and I love living here but my heart still belongs to my homeland, New Zealand. We are flying into Auckland at the top of the North Island on Saturday for nearly a month to visit family.
I am so excited to be seeing my three GD's again and catch up with my son who I haven't seen for two years.


We plan to travel down the North Island to visit with My parents, other sisters, some of DH David's family and take the 9 year old GD to see her other Grandparents and Aunty. New Zealand is not a big country so it will only take 8 hours for the trip.


This is my last post before the 25th so until next time, have a wonderful and joyous Christmas
Janet

3 comments:

Shari said...

Wow. Great design wall and new fabric. Hope you have a great trip back to NZ. Will love to catch up when you get back, unless of course we get progress reports while you're there! As if you'd have time...

antique quilter said...

have a wonderful trip and enjoy every minute with your family .
wow, you were not kidding when you told me you went shopping!
great fabrics, love the blocks on the wall...
I bought some quaker quilt fabrics today too.
Kathie

Lurline said...

Hi Janet,
Have a truly wonderful Christmas with your family - I'm so happy for you!
Looking forward to lots of beautiful applique from you next year!
Hugs - Lurline!