Thursday, November 27, 2008

It's the season for red and green




This is the quilt on my header and one of my favourites. I made this in a class that went once a month for a year with Val Moore, a fabulous and generous teacher. I must have started it about 7 or 8 years ago but it did take a long time to hand quilt. We made all our blocks and then helped each other with setting them differently and came up with our own border treatments, I'd always wanted to do a dogtooth border, swags, stipple quilting and quilted feathers so it contains all of these. All the quilts were different colours and had our own stamp on them.
It was in this class that I met my friend who invited me to join their little quilting group and as I had only been in Australia for a short while, I jumped at the chance to meet new people.
Have a good weekend, Janet

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

The blog is looking great! Tis the season and all of that jazz. I don't remember seeing this one before - look great in the photo! Love the border it really draws the eye in.

Amelia

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful quilt.

happy stitching
Christine

Anne Ida said...

This is gorgeous!!! I absolutely LOVE it! You have a true treasure here! Those reds and greens work so well together, and as you say it is so perfect for this time of year!

Wishing you a great weekend!

Janet said...

WOW! I love it! What incredible applique and handquilting. Glad you decided to start blogging. I can't wait to see more of your quilts!

mereth said...

I followed your link from the comments in Kathies blog, Inspired by Antique quilts. You do lovely work and like you I adore applique, especially the red and green 19th century ones. Aren't they lucky to have access to them in America?
Keep blogging, it looks like you might become a favourite judging by the quilts you've shown so far!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful! I love red and green quilts, and have been reading Gwen Marston's four block applique book for months now. Time to give it a try! You have started such a nice blog.

Quilts And Pieces said...

Oh this is a beautiful quilt. What a treasure to have!

Betsy said...

breathtaking!